- This event has passed.
OBAT Navigator Training
September 13, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Office-based addiction treatment (OBAT) navigators play a critical role in the expansion of medications for addiction treatment (MAT) services in New Jersey. Under the New Jersey MATrx model, OBAT navigators are integral team members in OBAT practices who are tasked with initiating and maintaining a psychosocial treatment plan (care plan) that supports patients through all phases of their treatment.
Hosted by the Camden Coalition, this training series of six webinars focuses on foundational knowledge and actionable information for OBAT navigators such as:
- Introduction to substance use disorders, harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and the OBAT model
- Approaches for building relationships and putting harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and care-planning into practice in a clinic-based setting
- Best practices in connecting patients to behavioral health and social service resources including specific community resource identification and referral tools
The training series is free for OBAT navigators and providers/clinical support staff. If you are not an OBAT navigator or a provider but are interested in participating in the training, please contact us. Please also note that participants are required to attend all 6 sessions in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. If you are unable to attend all of the sessions, please contact Camden Coalition for approval before registering.
- September 13 | 9:30 – 12:00pm ET
- September 20 | 9:30 – 12:00pm ET
- September 27 | 9:30 – 12:00pm ET
- October 4 | 9:30 – 12:00pm ET
- October 11 | 9:30 – 12:00pm ET
- October 18 | 9:30 – 12:00pm ET
License specific CEUs are available for Nurses, Social Workers, Pharmacists and Physicians, and interdisciplinary continuing education credits are available for other disciplines.