This is a two-day interactive workshop. This activity provides learners with information about youth substance use through the lens of the family system. Strategies for youth empowerment, family centered treatment approaches, and cultural considerations are discussed.
- Discuss engagement strategies including use of inclusive language and youth empowerment to increase youth and family participation in substance use treatment.
- List risk factors and protective factors for youth substance use.
- Explore 4 Family Therapy Models used in treatment of substance use disorder.
- Discuss conditions required for family therapy to be safe an appropriate.
- Investigate cultural awareness of service providers when addressing substance use disorders.
**Certificates of Attendance will be distributed only to those who attend both sessions in full.**
Instructor: Mayte Redcay, LCSW, LCADC, SAP, CEAP
Mayte Redcay is the Director of clinical services at Serise and is a License Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), a License Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LCDAC) in the state of NJ and PA and a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) who evaluates members who are subject to DOT regulations and have violated DOT drug and alcohol regulations. Mayte earned her graduate degree Master in Education from San Carlos University in Guatemala in 1999 and a Masters in Social Work at Rutgers University.
Dates: Tuesday and Wednesday, August 30-31, 2022
Time: 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Location: Zoom, Virtual
Credits: 5 Continuing Education Hours for Certified Counselors, Social Workers, and Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors
For more information and registration: CLICK HERE